SUP Race Fin – The Maliko SUP race fin is optimized for flat water and downwind racing, it is designed for increased stability, enhanced tracking and exceptional speed especially in choppy, shallow or weed filled water.
The Maliko stand up paddle race fin has been winning races and dominating podiums around the world. The fin uses a unique and proprietary stand up paddle foil to generate increased lift while adding stability, improved tracking and efficiency so that every stroke you take is translated into forward motion. To develop this very special SUP race fin we worked closely with our head SUP race fin tester Bart de Zwart. Aptly named after the start of the world renowned downwind course on the Northern coast of Maui the Maliko Gulch which hosts both the Paddle IMUA and Olukai races. In 2014 the Maliko won races across the world with Ryan James and Joanne Hamilton-Vale both claiming the 2014 UK race titles in a range of conditions.
Bart de Zwart used the Maliko race fin to smash the Non-Stop 11 Cities SUP race record which helped to underline the fin’s pure speed and efficiency on flat water. On a downwinder the increased lift generated by the thicker and unique foil will give you the power to catch more swells. The proprietary foil is one of many features which set this SUP race fin apart from any other and the reason behind much of the dominance of the Maliko fin.
During glides this SUP race fin helps you maintain speed and maneuverability to connect the glides which helps to dramatically increase average speed and translates into race winning performance.
The Maliko SUP race fin design has more area concentrated towards the tip of the fin to help with stability and the laminar flow foil has an extremely low drag to lift ratio to help promote fast runs. The 45 degree leading edge helps to ensure that no sea grass, weed or trash slows you down. The exceptional tracking of this fin helps you keep your board true and allows for more stokes before switching sides. Collectively the features of the Maliko when combined ensure that you are going to paddle faster, with less effort and for longer than ever before.
The newly introduced Pro Carbon construction uses RTM molding technology to produce the lightest fin possible at only 200 grams (7 ounces) while maintaining excellent stiffness and strength. For those who need ultimate durability the CNC machined Black Ed. G10 version is practically indestructible. With the increasing number of boards on the market we have made the Maliko available in two different bases to ensure the perfect fit for all.
2 Fin Bases For a Perfect Fit Every Time
- 11 Cities SUP race non-stop record holder (Bart de Zwart).
- UK SUP Clubs Race series winner 2014 (Men: Ryan James & Women: Joanne Hamilton-Vale)
- Ultimate speed with high lift / low drag for flat water, downwind and long distance racing
- Proprietary SUP race foiling promotes outstanding downwind performance with longer, more connected and more controlled glides
- Increased tip area to help improve board stability particularity in rough water and with narrow boards
- Enhanced tracking means more strokes between paddle switches
- 45 degree leading edge rake angle for weed shedding
- Advanced SUP laminar flow foil technology
- Pro Carbon RTM construction for ultimate lightweight now only 200 grams (7 ounces) +/- 5%
- Also available in Black Ed. G10 for ultimate durability.
- Two different sizes to fit all SUP race boards on the market
- Comes complete with protective foam cover, high quality brass fin plate and screw
- Fin of choice for: Bart de Zwart, Sonni Hoenscheid, Ryan James, Joanne Hamilton-Vale, Chris Freeman and more…
Black Project Fins are your premium choice and hence we want your fin to fit perfectly so that you get ultimate performance hence we are the only brand to provide our SUP fins with two different bases so that you get the perfect fit for your board.US STANDARD base:
Fits STARBOARD, NAISH, JP-AUSTRALIA, FANATIC and all major worldwide production brands.This is the same as found on many windsurfing boards and is wider and deeper with the pin set further from the deck of the board. The base is 9.2mm thick.US SURF base / as used on surf longboards:
Fits boards with a narrower and shallower base as used by SIC, ANCHOR PADDLEBOARS, IMAGINE, GLIDE, BOGA etc. Narrower and shallower than the US base with the pin set closer to the deck of the board. The base is 9.0mm thick. The new PRO base for 2015 features a slotted base for reduced weight and easier insertion.IMPORTANT: if you are unsure which base you need for your board please get in touch and we will help you get the perfect match.